- Don’t ignore foot pain. It is not normal. If you experience any type of persistent pain in the foot or ankle, please contact our office.
- Inspect your feet regularly. Pay attention to changes in color and temperature. Look for thick or discolored nails (a sign of developing fungus), and check for cracks or cuts in the skin. Peeling or scaling on the soles of feet may indicate Athlete’s Foot. Any growth on the foot is not considered normal.
- Wash your feet regularly, especially between the toes, and be sure to dry them completely.
- Trim toenails straight across, but not too short. Be careful not to cut nails in corners or on the sides; this can lead to ingrown toenails. Persons with diabetes, poor circulation, or heart problems should not treat their own feet, because they are more prone to infection.
- Make sure that your shoes fit properly. Purchase new shoes later in the day when feet tend to be at their largest, and replace worn out shoes as soon as possible.
- Select and wear the right shoe for each sport or activity that you are engaged in (e.g., running shoes for running).
- Alternate shoes—don’t wear the same pair of shoes every day.
- Avoid walking barefooted. Your feet will be more prone to injury and infection. At the beach or when wearing sandals always use sunblock on your feet.
- Be cautious when using home remedies for foot ailments. Self-treatment may turn a minor problem into a major one.
- If you are a diabetic, please contact our office and schedule a check-up at least once a year.
Basic Foot Care Guidelines
1033 Clifton Avenue
Clifton, NJ 07013
Clifton, NJ 07013
“I had bunion surgery with Dr. Graziano in May, 2012. I was back to work by day 5. I only used one pain pill during my re-cooperation. To this day I am very satisfied with the results of my surgery and have no pain. I regularly refer patients to Dr. Graziano.”
“Dr. Graziano performed my bunionectomy in 2011 and I experienced almost no pain during my recovery. I was running at the gym in 6 weeks.”
“I had my bunion corrected by Dr. Graziano in February 2013. I am very happy with the outcome and was amazed that I had no pain after my surgery.”
“I am totally satified with the results of the surgery performed on my foot by Dr. Graziano. I would highly recommend him. I adore him!!! He also has a wonderful and polite staff.”
“Thanks to Dr. Graziano I can now wear my high heels in comfort again! Dr. Graziano is extremely knowledgeable. My surgery was a success; I had hammertoes fixed and was back to work the very next day. I wouldn’t consider seeing any other foot surgeon. The office is very professional and friendly; everyone makes you feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend him to anyone with foot problems… this is the place to go!!